- The MAL election for 3 Members-at-Large (MAL) will take place before the election of AFNLP Office Bearers
- AFNLP will announce election of MALs 2 months before the voting takes place
- All individual members of AFNLP are eligible to nominate and to be nominated ( see Clause 2.6.4 for qualification of individual membership, current AFNLP individual members include all participants of IJCNLP 2011).
- An individual member should be an active AFNLP member for at least 4 years to qualify for MAL candidacy. The nomination submission should include nominee’s name, job title, affiliation, email contact, a biography up to 500 words, an election statement up to 500 words, and two nominators.
- Nominations can be made by both NCAC and the AFNLP membership. All nominations should be submitted to AFNLP Secretary 1 week before the voting takes place
- Candidates are to be grouped by regions so that at most 1 MAL per region is elected (See Clause 2.3).
- Voting for the 3 elected MALs will be carried out electronically online and managed by AFNLP Webmaster. Each individual member can vote for a maximum of 3 nominees.
- AFNLP secretary will announce the MAL election results.